Founded in 1960, Trans Ash is a rapidly growing civil land construction & environmental company. This full-time position is located at Plant Wansley in Franklin, Georgia.
Trans Ash offers an excellent team culture and professional growth opportunities.
Our benefits package includes the following:
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Options
- Short-Term Disability- Company Paid
- Paid Vacation, Personal, and Sick Days
- 401K Savings Plan with Company Match
- Life and Basic Accident Insurance - Company paid
- Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- Long-Term Disability Option
- Boot allowance - Company paid - up to $200 yearly allowance.
- Prescription Safety Glasses - Company paid - up to $250 every other year.
- Identity Theft Protection Option
- Temporary Living Allowance (if applicable)
- Relocation Package Available (if applicable)
- Computer and Cell Phone
The Quality Manager is responsible for all aspects of executing the construction quality requirements per the contract documents. Additionally, this role is responsible for enforcing the Trans Ash Corporate Quality standards at each site. Ideal candidates will have significant experience working as a Quality Manager for large construction projects. Experienced Project Managers with an interest in a role that is dedicated to Quality enforcement are encouraged to apply.
- Development and execution of the Site-Specific Quality Plan & Inspection and Testing Plans (ITPs).
- Establish and maintain working relationships with Owners, engineers, consultants, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Solicit proposals and develop contractual relationships with subcontractor QC firms.
- Manage hold points.
- Review and understand specifications and other applicable references.
- Prepare and administer daily morning quality briefings.
- Participate in weekly subcontractor meetings.
- Perform and document all completed inspections.
- Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements.
- Develop a comprehensive working knowledge and understanding of the contract documents (Drawings, Specs, Quality).
- Perform and coordinate onsite and/or offsite material testing per the contract.
- Manage third-party testing agencies and testing requirements.
- Destructive/Non-Destructive Testing.
- Perform and document erosion control inspections.
- Maintain a daily report of quality-related information.
- Maintain the equipment calibration tracking.
- Monitoring Subcontractor performance and contract adherence.
- Audit Document Control for contract compliance (Red Lines, RFI, Submittal, Contract, Addendum).
- Provide follow-up and enforcement for any inspection or quality deficiencies.
- Support project closeout activities.
- Maintain lessons learned log.
- Have a basic understanding of soil testing (moisture and density).
- Have a basic understanding of HDPE liner systems and testing procedures.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with demonstrated competency as determined by the Quality Division Manager OR 10-15 years of relevant experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in construction or related field.
- Basic understanding of Civil Drawings/Blue Prints/Plans.
- Proficient with business software: MS Windows, MS Team, Outlook, Email, Excel, and Word as well as the ability to learn Quality Inspection Software through Viewpoint Field View.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of working outside in hot and cold weather conditions.
- Must be physically able to perform the work outside.
- Must be able to access all areas of the facility to determine needs.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug test, MVR, and background check.
- May require significant time in the field, including walking up or down slopes.
- Must be able to work in a construction environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Trans Ash is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. In keeping with this commitment, we strive to ensure that our application process is accessible to everyone.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who has an accommodation request: Call us at (513) 842-6590 and request to speak to Human Resources and state the reason for your call. If requested to leave a message, include the Job Posting Title for the position for which you are applying.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
Trans Ash, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint to charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)