Trans Ash is a rapidly growing civil land construction and environmental services company, we are seeking a skilled Training and Development Department Manager to join our leadership team. This position will be based in our Main Office, located in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Trans Ash offers long-term construction projects, excellent team culture, and professional growth opportunities.
Our benefits package includes the following:
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Options
- Short Term Disability- Company Paid
- Paid Vacation, Personal and Sick Days
- 401K Savings Plan with Company Match
- Life and Basic Accident Insurance - Company paid
- Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- Long Term Disability Option
- Boot allowance - Company paid - up to $200 yearly allowance.
- Prescription Safety Glasses - Company paid - up to $250 every other year.
- Identity Theft Protection Option
- Computer and Cell Phone
The Training and Development Department Manager will lead our company-wide initiative to assess, recommend, and develop an effective training and development program that will spur excellence in our services, technology use, leadership skills, job site safety, and new hire training for growth and success.
- Assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, or consultation with managers, instructors, or other representatives.
- Oversees the planning and execution of all content and materials to execute an effective employee training and development program company-wide.
- Collaborates with department heads on training needs and development of content.
- Negotiate contracts and manage vendor relationships to ensure positive results.
- Facilitates the process of projecting future needs and creating career ladders for high-potential employees.
- Lead the effort to ensure an impactful orientation program for all new employees.
- Develop and communicate a comprehensive training and development strategy and available resources.
- Ensure training presentations utilize a variety of instructional techniques to accommodate different learning styles and roles.
- Identify, cultivate, and coach internal instructors to further develop and conduct company-specific training.
- Manage the execution of classes on best availability, adequate space, equipment, and attendees’ individual needs.
- Ensure accurate tracking and reporting of all training, education, and job-specific certifications.
- Implement follow-up surveys of completed training to evaluate program effectiveness.
- Develops and maintains regular organizational communications about training initiatives, development events, and other resources.
- Monitor training activities and reports on effectiveness and ROI on training initiatives.
- Regularly review training content for relevance, accuracy, and completeness, and modify as needed.
- Keeps up with company initiatives, and developments in training technology and the civil construction industry and adjusts training efforts accordingly.
- Exemplifies the company culture (Honesty, Integrity, Commitment, Teamwork, Safety, Quality) by leading as an example in all aspects.
- Other duties will be assigned as the development needs of the employees and the company dictate.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Organizational Development or a related field is highly desired.
- A Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) credential is a plus.
- Three to five years of relevant experience developing both salaried and hourly employees
- Developing and delivering classroom, field, and virtual training programs.
- Leading a team/committee, proposal development, and coordinating resources.
- Working on projects from inception through to completion.
- Experience in an industrial setting or with trades is an advantage.
- Knowledgeable with audio-visual technology is a definite plus.
- Some infrequent travel may be required.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, lifting.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug test, MVR, and background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Trans Ash is an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. In keeping with this commitment, we strive to ensure that our application process is accessible to everyone.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who has an accommodation request, please:
- Call us at (513) 842-6590
- Request to speak to Human Resources and state the reason for your call.
- If requested to leave a message, include the Job Posting Title for the position in which you are applying.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
Trans Ash, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint to charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)