Founded in 1960, Trans Ash, is a rapidly growing civil land construction & environmental company.
$85,000 – $115,000 / year
Quarterly Bonus Program
Trans Ash offers long-term construction projects, excellent team culture, and professional growth opportunities.
Our benefits package includes the following:
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Options
- Short Term Disability- Company Paid
- Paid Vacation, Personal and Sick Days
- 401K Savings Plan with Company Match
- Life and Basic Accident Insurance - Company paid.
- Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- Long Term Disability Option
- Boot allowance - Company paid - up to $200 yearly allowance.
- Prescription Safety Glasses - Company paid - up to $250 every other year.
- Identity Theft Protection Option
- Temporary Living Allowance (if applicable)
- Relocation Package Available (if applicable)
- Company Vehicle (if applicable)
- Computer and Cell Phone
The ESH Training & Compliance Specialist will administer the company's Health and Safety program at our jobsites in Alabama, Georgia, Indiana, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia.
- Identify best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work, process risks.
- Raise safety awareness and improve safe work practices.
- Conducts companywide training for hourly and salary supervisory personnel.
- Performs corporate quarterly safety and environmental audits at all job sites.
- Orders all safety related supplies.
- Maintains a good relationship with all site customer safety professionals.
- Communicates a consistent, safety message that incorporates operations, safety, and maintenance departments and emphasizes the team approach and the individual responsibility of all employees.
- Implements and maintains company policies adhering to local, state, federal and customer environmental, health and safety regulations for multiple locations.
- Administer employee training programs at multiple locations.
- Assist in the design and development of facilities, work areas and work procedures.
- Assists ESH Specialists at various locations.
- Ensures compliance with all environmental, health and safety regulations. Keeps up to date on any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
- Develop relationships with our customers at the local and corporate level to promote and incorporate the company's safety program.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university or five years minimum related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Safety Professional designation and/or OSHA 500/510 Certifications preferred.
- Ability to research, write and present safety presentations.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Mass Excavation Construction business (Caterpillar type equipment) and trucking is a positive.
- Working knowledge of 29 CFR 1926 OSHA Construction Regulations.
- Position requires knowledge of job safety analysis (JSA’s), job instructions training, and ability to write complete Site-Specific Safety Plans and job hazard analysis (JHA’s) without supervision.
- Strong written, verbal communications and training skills.
- Must have strong computer skills using Microsoft Windows, Outlook Email, MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint experience preferred. Ability to use and navigate iPhone and iPad required.
- Up to 80% of travel required.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, lifting.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, climb, operate vehicles and small equipment.
- Must be able to work in a construction environment including possible inclement weather.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug test, MVR, and background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Trans Ash is an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. In keeping with this commitment, we strive to ensure that our application process is accessible to everyone.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who has an accommodation request, please:
- Call us at (513) 842-6590
- Request to speak to Human Resources and state the reason for your call.
- If requested to leave a message, include the Job Posting Title for the position in which you are applying.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
Trans Ash, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint to charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)