Founded in 1960, Trans Ash is a rapidly growing civil land construction & environmental company. This is a full-time position located at Plant Bowen located in Cartersville, GA.
Trans Ash offers long-term construction project stability.
Trans Ash offers an excellent team culture and professional growth opportunities.
Our benefits package includes the following:
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Options
- Short Term Disability- Company Paid
- Paid Vacation, Personal and Sick Days
- 401K Savings Plan with Company Match
- Life and Basic Accident Insurance - Company paid.
- Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- Long Term Disability Option
- Boot allowance - Company paid - up to $200 yearly allowance.
- Prescription Safety Glasses - Company paid - up to $250 every other year.
- Identity Theft Protection Option
- Temporary Living Allowance (if applicable)
- Relocation Package Available (if applicable)
- Company Vehicle (if applicable)
- Computer and Cell Phone
The General Superintendent plans, directs, and coordinates all field activities pertaining to the civil construction project. These activities include but are not limited to, coal combustion residual excavation and removal, dredging, concrete and earthwork, piping, utilities, and liners. This position manages the site operations crew consisting of 30-60 full-time hourly employees, multiple superintendents, and the coordination of subcontractors as the need arises. This position is responsible for the hiring and performance management of the field operations employees at the site. Working closely with project management, the General Superintendent provides leadership to a team of skilled craftsmen to effectively manage the work while championing safety, fiscal responsibility, productivity, and quality.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the site.
- Ensures compliance with Trans Ash and the Customer policies and procedures.
- Assess the project status, establishes priorities, and allocate tasks daily.
- Accurately records and tracks time and quantities completed daily.
- Manages the hiring, training, attendance, and performance of the crew.
- Ensures employee safety and good morale by consistent application of all HR, safety, and environmental policies.
- Mentors with crew members to enhance understanding and teach new skills.
- Directs the work of multiple superintendents and the crews on the project.
- Investigates all matters upon discovery and handles all minor disciplinary matters.
- Provides leadership for the project ensuring construction specifications are being met.
- Effectively investigate and resolve any work or project disputes as they may arise.
- Maintains positive relationships and communications with customers, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Manages and coordinates the work of multiple crews, including sub-contractors, as necessary.
- Identify and solve constructability issues as they arise.
- Maximize crew efficiency through effective application of logic and project scheduling.
- Manages a diverse range of civil construction tasks to ensure the project schedule is upheld.
- Works with Project Controls to help build schedules and provide logical activity sequencing.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- A high school diploma is required.
- BA in construction management or another related field preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment, and OSHA guidelines.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings.
- Understanding of basic project contract payment structures.
- Extensive field knowledge including construction equipment operation.
- Proven track record on construction projects possessing diverse civil tasks.
- Understanding of project scheduling and logic.
- Understanding of bid estimates and budgets.
- Understanding of advanced project scheduling and logic.
- Thorough understanding of all construction documents. Contracts, submittals, RFI’s, specs, etc.
- Excellent understanding of cost and budgets.
- At least 10 years of experience in construction or related field is preferred.
- Experience with heavy equipment preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and operate heavy equipment.
- Must be able to access all areas of the facility to determine needs.
- May require travel.
- Must be able to work in a construction environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug test, MVR, and background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Trans Ash is an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. In keeping with this commitment, we strive to ensure that our application process is accessible to everyone.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who has an accommodation request, please:
- Call us at (513) 842-6590 or email email@example.com
- Request to speak to Human Resources and state the reason for your call
- If requested to leave a message, include the Job Posting Title for the position in which you are applying
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Trans Ash, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint to charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)b