Founded in 1960, Trans Ash is a rapidly growing civil land construction & environmental company. This position will be located at the Bowen Plant near Atlanta, Georgia.
Trans Ash offers long-term construction projects, excellent team culture, and professional growth opportunities.
Our benefits package includes the following:
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Options
- Short Term Disability- Company Paid
- Paid Vacation, Personal and Sick Days
- 401K Savings Plan with Company Match
- Life and Basic Accident Insurance - Company paid
- Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- Long Term Disability Option
- Boot allowance - Company paid - up to $200 yearly allowance.
- Prescription Safety Glasses - Company paid - up to $250 every other year.
- Identity Theft Protection Option
- Temporary Living Allowance (if applicable)
- Relocation Package Available (if applicable)
- Computer and Cell Phone
The Superintendent will lead and manage the on-site construction team and oversee all work on site. The Construction Superintendent will be responsible for orderliness on-site and ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Ensures compliance with Trans Ash and the Customer policies and procedures.
- Assesses the project status, establishes priorities, and allocates tasks daily.
- Ensures accurate time and quantities are reported.
- Continuously monitors production quantities and budgets.
- Manages the hiring, training, attendance, and performance of the crew.
- Ensures employee safety and positive morale by consistent application of all HR, safety, and environmental policies.
- Provides leadership for the project, ensuring construction specifications are being met.
- Effectively investigates and resolves any work or project disputes as they may arise.
- Maintains positive relationships and communications with customers, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Identifies and solves constructability issues as they arise.
- Maximizes crew efficiency through effective application of logic and project scheduling.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs. Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Updating schedules and other project documents as required.
- Interacting with our customers, design engineers, craft labor, Trans Ash home office, safety, and HR departments.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company's discretion.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- BA in construction management or another related field preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment, and OSHA guidelines.
- At least 5 years of experience in construction or related field preferred.
- Experience as a Forman or Supervisor is required
- Experience with heavy equipment preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and to operate heavy equipment.
- Must be able to access all areas of the facility to determine needs.
- May require travel.
- Must be able to work in a construction environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug test, MVR, and background check.
Trans Ash is an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. In keeping with this commitment, we strive to ensure that our application process is accessible to everyone.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who has an accommodation request, please:
- Call us at (513) 842-6590 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request to speak to Human Resources and state the reason for your call
- If requested to leave a message, include the Job Posting Title for the position in which you are applying
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Trans Ash, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint to charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)