Founded in 1960, Trans Ash is a rapidly growing, privately held Cincinnati-based civil land construction & environmental company. This is a full time position at the Duke Energy Roxboro Power Plant in Semora, North Carolina.
$91,000- $115,000 / Year
Quarterly Bonus Program
Benefits:Trans Ash offers long-term construction project stability.Trans Ash offers an excellent team culture and professional growth opportunities.Our benefits package includes the following:
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Options
- Short Term Disability- Company Paid
- Paid Vacation, Personal and Sick Days
- 401K Savings Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance – Company Paid
- Dental, Vision, and Long-Term Disability Options
- Boot allowance - Company paid - up to $200 yearly allowance.
- Prescription Safety Glasses - Company paid - up to $250 every other year.
- Temporary Living Allowance (if applicable)
- Relocation Package Available (if applicable)
- Computer and Cell Phone
Duties include safety, training, compliance, and inspections and audits.
- Administer employee training programs.
- Assist in the design and development of facilities, work areas, and work procedures.
- Makes environmental, health, and safety recommendations.
- Ensures compliance with all environmental, health, and safety regulations, and keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
- Investigate reported accidents, incidents, and near misses. Evaluate current best practices and then prepare reports and implement corrective actions.
- Develop relationships with our customers at the local and corporate levels to promote and incorporate the company’s safety program.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 4-year Degree In Environmental, Health, and Safety is a positive.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Civil Construction field.
- Safety Professional designation and/or OSHA 500/510 Certifications preferred.
- Strong written, verbal communications and teaching skills.
- Position requires knowledge of job safety analysis, job instructions training, and ability to write Site Specific Safety Plans and job hazard analysis (JHA’s).
- Must have strong computer skills using Microsoft Windows, Outlook Email, and MS Excel and MS Word programs. MS PowerPoint experience is also preferred.
- DOT Compliance experience.
- 5-10 years of experience as a dedicated safety professional.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, lifting.
- Ability to lift up to 49 pounds, climb, operate vehicles and small equipment.
- Must be able to work in a construction environment including possible inclement weather.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug test, MVR, and background check.
Trans Ash is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. In keeping with this commitment, we strive to ensure that our application process is accessible to everyone.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who has an accommodation request, please:
- Call us at (513) 733-4770
- Request to speak to Human Resources and state the reason for your call
- If requested to leave a message, include the Job Posting Title for the position in which you are applying
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
Trans Ash, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint to charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)