Founded in 1960, Trans Ash, is a rapidly growing civil land construction & environmental company. Trans Ash, Inc has secured a long-term project at the Miller Steam Plant near Birmingham, AL.
$92,613 - $148,181/year
Quarterly Bonus Program
Trans Ash offers long-term construction project stability.
Trans Ash offers an excellent team culture and professional growth opportunities. Our benefits package includes the following:
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Options
- Short Term Disability- Company Paid
- Paid Vacation, Personal and Sick Days
- 401K Savings Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance – Company Paid
- Dental, Vision, and Long-Term Disability Options
- Boot allowance - Company paid - up to $200 yearly allowance.
- Prescription Safety Glasses - Company paid - up to $250 every other year.
- Temporary Living Allowance (if applicable)
- Relocation Package Available (if applicable)
- Computer and Cell Phone
The Project Manager will work on a large CCR basin closure project performing essential project management functions as directed by the Senior Project Manager.
- Strategically connect company goals and objectives with day-to-day operations from the initial development of project work through to the closure of the assigned construction project(s)
- Support the execution of projects in accordance with the scope of the contract; contract management, resource allocation, and cost controls, material buy-out, subcontractor and cash flow management, and identifying & estimating change orders
- Manage the use of project control tools to report daily progress status, and compile information for project status reports to track and communicate the progress of work for projects as assigned
- Analyze the physical progress and financial data for projects to generate timely and accurate forecasts that support performance status reports, including completion dates and financial results, through P6 and company accounting software updates
- Foster and maintain effective communication with the client, craft labor, Trans Ash home office, safety, quality, and HR Departments, subcontractor, and vendor
- Proactively support project teams; support the project and corporate requirements for safety, quality control, and productivity, consistently for the duration of each project
- Assist in the generation, preparation, submission, and payment of invoices, accruals, and other project-related requirements for the scope of work performed
- Preparing or reviewing various daily, weekly, and monthly project reports
- Work closely with the project’s General Superintendent to schedule, manage resources, and evaluate project budgets
- Understand project contract language, specifications, drawings, and other contract requirements
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering/Science, Construction Management, or a related combination of education and civil construction experience in a leadership role
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- Proficient with Primavera P6
- AutoCAD experience is a plus
- Surveying experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in construction or related industry
- Must have the ability to work effectively with little or no direct supervision to succeed in a fast-paced work environment
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Some physical activity is required for the position (walking for long periods of time, up and down hills, etc.)
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access all areas of the facility to determine needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Trans Ash is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. In keeping with this commitment, we strive to ensure that our application process is accessible to everyone.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who has an accommodation request, please:
- Call us at (513) 733-4770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request to speak to Human Resources and state the reason for your call
- If requested to leave a message, include the Job Posting Title for the position in which you are applying
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Trans Ash, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint to charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)