Founded in 1960, Trans Ash is a rapidly growing, privately held Cincinnati-based civil land construction & environmental company. We are hiring a Project Controls Specialist to join our team at the Duke Energy Marshall Steam Station in Sherills Ford, North Carolina.
$90,000- $115,000 / Year
Quarterly Bonus Program
Trans Ash offers long-term construction project stability.
Trans Ash offers an excellent team culture and professional growth opportunities.
Our benefits package includes the following:
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Options
- Short Term Disability- Company Paid
- Paid Vacation, Personal and Sick Days
- 401K Savings Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance – Company Paid
- Dental, Vision, and Long-Term Disability Options
- Boot allowance - Company paid - up to $200 yearly allowance.
- Prescription Safety Glasses - Company paid - up to $250 every other year.
- Temporary Living Allowance (if applicable)
- Relocation Package Available (if applicable)
- Computer and Cell Phone
Position Summary: This position is responsible for initiating and completing routine aspects of project control assignments. This position performs the more complex aspects of scheduling, change documentation, and cost control. This position supports the Senior Project Manager and Project Controls Manager.
- Develops and maintains WBS, project schedules, and cost estimates; tracks and trends cash flow reports, change control documentation (scope, cost, or schedule), and/or any reports associated with project controls
- Responsible for maintaining effective relationships with customers, supporting the resolution of issues, and completing assignments (proposals, project tasks, reports, etc.)
- Responsible for performing primary aspects of project control assignments
- Generate daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly project controls reports
- Responsible for gathering, verifying, validating, and analyzing data in support of project controls reporting
- Responsible for distributing and archiving project controls reports as appropriate
- Track and manage changes to the project scope, schedule, and cost baseline
- Identify, assess, gain approval for, and distribute change requests, change notices, and/or change orders
- Assist in scheduling and carrying out benchmarking and self-assessment initiatives relevant to project controls
- Identify and communicate improvement opportunities, adoption of best practices, and countermeasures to address gaps in performance
- Tracks and reports project status performs variance, and earned value and critical path analyses at a level appropriate for the project
- Work with Estimator(s) to create or create project cost estimate in order to establish effective cost controls management
- Effective Team Participation
- Displays proficiency in conflict resolution
- Responsible for initiating and completing routine aspects of project control assignments with general oversight
- Effectively apply fundamental project controls principles and procedures to work that is complex and varied
- Resource Leveling and Resource Management
- Relevant associates of bachelor’s degree (finance, engineering, project management, etc.)
- Experience in Civil or Environmental Construction Projects
- Proficiency in use of Oracle's Primavera P6 scheduling tool required.
- Experience using software such as Business Objects, MS Office Suite
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Highly engaged self-starter identifying problems and offering possible solutions and taking appropriate action for resolution
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Certified Associate of Project Management or Project Management Professional Certification
- Must have the ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Some physical activity required for this position
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds at times
- Must be able to access all areas of the facility
- May require light travel
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Trans Ash is an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. In keeping with this commitment, we strive to ensure that our application process is accessible to everyone.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who has a need for an accommodation request, you can contact us via email at email@example.com or via phone at (513) 733-4770. When calling, ask to speak to Human Resources and state the reason for your call. If requested to leave a message, please include the Job Posting Title and location for the position in which you are applying.
Trans Ash, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint to charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)