Founded in 1960, Trans Ash, is a rapidly growing civil land construction & environmental company. Trans Ash, Inc has secured an long term project at the Roxboro Power Station in Semora, North Carolina to perform a Landfill Construction, Landfill Operation, Landfill Closure & Ash Excavation/Earthwork project.
$92,613 - $148,181 / year
Quarterly Bonus Program
Trans Ash offers an excellent team culture and professional growth opportunities.
Our benefits package includes the following:
- Medical Insurance copay plan - 100% Company Paid Option
- Company Vehicle & Fuel Card
- Monthly Vehicle Wash Allowance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability - Company Paid
- Paid Time Off - Accrual starts day 1
- 401K Plan - Company matching after 60 days & fully vested after 1 year
- Life Insurance - Company Paid
- Dental and Vision Insurances
- Annual Boot Allowance- $200 Company Paid
- Company Store Allowance
- Prescription Safety Glasses Allowance- $250 Biannually Company Paid
- Temporary Living Allowance (if applicable)
- Relocation Package Available (if applicable)
- Computer and Cell Phone
The Project Manager will work on civil land construction projects with our valued customers in the utility industry supporting the Site Construction Manager/ Superintendent.
- Strategically connect company goals and objectives with day-to-day operations from the initial development of project work through to the closure of the assigned construction project(s)
- Lead effort for implementation and the successful maintenance of the company behavioral safety programs
- Direct the execution for projects in accordance with the scope of the contract; project start-up, contract management, resource allocation, and cost controls, material buy-out, subcontractor and cash flow management, and identifying & estimating change orders with follow up negotiations
- Manage the use of project control tools to report daily progress status, compile information for project status reports to track and communicate progress of work for projects as assigned
- Analyze the physical progress and financial data for projects to generate timely and accurate forecasts that support performance status reports, including completion dates and financial results, through daily P6 and company accounting software updates
- Foster and maintain effective client, design engineers, craft labor, Trans Ash home office, safety, quality and HR Departments, subcontractor, and vendor communication
- Proactively lead and coach project teams; maintain the project and corporate requirements for safety, quality control, and productivity, consistently for the duration of each project
- Generate, prepare, and submit invoices, accruals, and other project-related requirements for the scope of work performed, and per the terms of the contract, through working with accounting and client personnel in developing and uploading monthly project invoices, monitor payment status, and actively pursue any late or partial payments in a timely manner,
- Preparing or reviewing various daily, weekly, and monthly project reports
- Work closely with the project’s General Superintendent to schedule, manage resources, and evaluate project budgets
- Understand project contract language, specification, drawings, and other contract requirements
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering/Science, Construction Management, or a related combination of education and environmental remediation construction experience in a leadership role.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with Primavera P6
- AutoCAD experience a plus
- Surveying experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
- Five years of experience managing project work related to soil treatment and stabilization, waterway remediation, groundwater treatment, site preparation, excavation and/or earthwork; plus 5 or more years of experience within the construction industry
- Must have the ability to work effectively with little or no direct supervision to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Some physical activity is required for the position (walking for long periods of time, up and down hills while performing survey layout)
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access all areas of the facility to determine needs.
- May require some travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Trans Ash is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. In keeping with this commitment, we strive to ensure that our application process is accessible to everyone.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who has an accommodation request, please:
- Call us at (513) 733-4770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request to speak to Human Resources and state the reason for your call
- If requested to leave a message, include the Job Posting Title for the position in which you are applying Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Trans Ash, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint to charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)